Commercial Pilot Licence

Easy Learning

At GoFly in Caloundra we offer both Part-time and Fulltime courses up to your Commercial Pilot licence standard. We use both a mixture of Glass Cockpit and analogue aircraft to give you the best chance of employment once you have completed your commercial flight training course.

Great Training Locations

At GoFly we are committed to ensuring you receive the very best training from the time you commence your flight training.


A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) is required if you wish to obtain work as a pilot in commercial operations such as Charter Operator, Flight Instruction, Agricultural Operations, Airline, Search & Rescue, Fire Spotting/Bombing, Aerial Surveillance, Air Ambulance, or Joy Flights

Easy Learning

We integrate our simulator to be included with every lesson at no cost. Our pricing for our commercial flight course is based on training you the pilot to a career pilot from the time you start your training to the time you sit your commercial flight test.

Choose your Path

Commercial training consists of many options that you can choose to achieve your licence. We offer the 200 hour syllabus.   

Commercial Pilot Licence

CPL Pilot Licence

  • Free Sim Use
  • Free Training Videos
  • CASA Class 1 Medical Requirement
  • Caloundra / Redcliffe Location
  • Professional Briefings
  • 200 Hour Course

Commercial Pilot Licence


  • Multi-Engine
  • Constant Speed Unit
  • Command Instrument Rating
  • Flight Instructor Rating

Training Conducted by AirQueensland

All training is completed under the Air Queensland training organisation with operating AOC of 'Air QLD operated under AOC CASA.TAAOC.0734'. Please note that syllabus changes and course outcomes are in accordance to CASA regulations.


1. Aircraft General Knowledge (CSYA)

2. Navigation (CNAV)

3. Op, Performance & Flight Planning (CFPA)

4. Meteorology (CMET)

5. Aerodynamics (CADA)

6. FR & Air Law (CLWA)

7. Human Factors (CHUF)

Frequently asked questions

What is the Age Limit?
Currently anyone at any age can start learning to fly. However in order to Pilot the aircraft on your own, you must be 15 years old.
Do I need a CASA Medical?
Yes, for and RPL/PPL Licence you will be required to have a Class 2 medical that is renewed bi-annually.
What do I need to Learn?
We follow the Part 61 Syllabus outlined by CASA and extend this with helpful Videos & Books. We recommend Bob Tait Theory or the Aviation Theory Centre for study material.
How Long will it take?
Our Full time commercial flight training course duration is approximately 8 months GoFly has eight aircraft and eight experienced Instructors to ensure you dream of becoming a professional pilot is realised If a full time course is not an option we also operate all our courses part time. We can create a course to fit your work life balance. Our full time courses are operated out of our Caloundra flight school. Caloundra is a fantastic place to live while you are training. We have accommodation available on the beach and we can organise all transfers.

Typical Course Outline

Private Pilot Licence
We follow the Part 61 Syllabus outlined by CASA and extend this with helpful Videos & Books. We recommend Bob Tait Theory or the Aviation Theory Centre for study material.
CPL Flight Training (200 hrs)
Up to 60 hours from PPL is possible.
7 CPL Subjects (as stated above)
As stated above all 7 subjects require completion
Customised Pricing
We tailor each students training, therefore the training cost may differ. This is particularly true if you have flying experience prior to conducting the CPL Course.
Gofly Aviation & AirQueensland
Gofly Aviation in concert with Air QLD (AOC 1-J91I3-03) provide the complete training package for your background, either an Integrated Course or the upgrading from other licenses.

Start Now by Calling us on 1800 707 433